Monday, January 14, 2008

A right delayed is a right denied. - MLK Jr.

Last night we watched Tying the Knot, a documentary about Same Sex Marriage. The majority of the documentary focused on the issue as it relates to America. Two of the stories it focused on were surviving same sex spouses. It was so sad to see the law related and economic difficulties that these two people experienced after losing the person they love. Is this what I or my future husband have to look forward to?

Because I may never be able to be married lawfully to my spouse will I have to worry about if either of us are ever harmed? I mean what if my spouse is in a field that doesn't recognize same sex marriages or even goes to the point of not allowing them to be "out" at work. Will my relationship ever be legitimized in that part of his life? If something should happen to him, will I be notified? It's just a lot to process.

Man, it just sucks. It's not fair. I don't understand how anyone could be opposed to same-sex marriage. It's so oppressive. I feel like I should have a better attitude about this- but I don't. I'm just sad. How can liberty and life be offered to everyone in our country yet because I'm gay I am not allowed to be in a relationship that is recognized by the nation. And people really use the bible as evidence against it. Read anything Jesus said and actually try to show me how he would be against same sex marriage. It's ridiculous. :( I kind of wish I didn't watch that documentary last night...

3 comments:

peter hafer said...

it was sad

Seye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seye said...

normal guy
oo===>

ali g
OO========>

horse
OO====================>