Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Double the Fines

Today after watching Cloverfield, I was thinking about many things- but one such topic on my mind came into play this evening as I drove home from work. I was thinking about how it's so emotional to see human beings band together against a foe in order to survive. It's beautiful and exciting to see one person stand up and then another- and then one more, and eventually you.

On my midnight commute home, there was construction and all but one lane was closed. It was terrible- we literally sat for 20 minutes for no apparent reason. Then out of nowhere on my right side I saw a SUV pass in the lanes that were closed. I thought- "hey, he's got it right, let's bypass this sh*thole!" I hoped that more cars would do the same so I could sum up the courage to drive "illegally." For the next few moments I sat waiting to see if more headlights would appear in my mirror. Then to my delight, there was a second pair of lights; a truck! Then a third, fourth and fifth. By this time I was screaming: "Yeah baby- lets screw these f*ckers!" And at that moment I had the courage to pull off into the closed lanes and drive free! I got off at the next exit and took the scenic route home- I felt so empowered...

6 comments:

Seye said...

most popular line in the movie:

"OH MY GAWD!"

charlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
charlie said...

you are such a rebel, you do what you want, thats what I like about you, if you know what i mean....

Elli said...

hahahah picturing that made me laugh a lot

Ă„nna said...

you guys sure stuck it to the man...I would be the person in the other car yelling at you cause it's not fair when people break the rules

scott said...

hahahha i'd be with you, anna