Monday, December 24, 2007

Proverbs 16:9

How often do I forget that God knows what he's doing? I think it's easier for me to make my own plans and have hopes for the future. There are times that I am so certain that God has something better in mind for me, and then there are those moments when I am discouraged and distraught that my desires, plans, and dreams don't manifest as expected.

Can I really trust that he has something not only good for me, but better than anything I ever hoped for? And, can I step forward into it even when it doesn't look like what I thought it would look like? Does he know me better than I know myself? If so, that means that he will always know what is better for me. So, if what he's giving me now seems so different then what I expected, yet it's so good, do I step into it excitedly with an open heart?

I ask these questions- but really I know the answer in my heart. I really do believe with all my being that God has everything come together for a purpose, and that he knows what I need to live a life following after him. As much as it feels like I should be scared, I'm not. I'm so excited to see what he has in store.

Christmas is so fitting- a savior came into the world, not as expected, but as a babe to bring peace to the poor and rejected. And God continually does this in my life; I anticipate the unexpected, but I never know what it will look like.

merry christmas.