Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Walk and Talk

I just woke up from the most unpleasant dream. I was in middle school again, and it was lunch time. A bunch of friends, including SD, and I were trying to eat lunch in a different room other than the cafeteria. The lunch ladies got pissed at us and told us that we couldn't eat lunch anymore because we were trying to put "lunch trash" other places.

At one point I got in an argument with one of the lunch ladies and said. "stop yelling at me, I'm not yelling at you, calm down!" She didn't like that to much, but luckily another lunch lady piped in and told me to go back into the cafeteria and sit until we were able to go outside. I can only assume she was referring to "walk and talk" (our middle school's version or recess- basically recess without the fun- "NO RUNNING!"). When I went back into the cafeteria I sat down next to SD and pulled out some food that I had been hiding- green beans (I'm not sure my middle school self would approve of this lunch). As I was eating them I tried to hide them from the passing lunch ladies. No luck... one saw...thankfully SD was right next to me, and I put them in front of him and pretended I wasn't chewing. (I think I did that a lot in middle school- put stuff off on other people, i.e. SD, so they got in trouble instead of me)

Shortly after the green bean incident I woke up thinking: "man, middle school sucked!" Now I'm about to jump in the shower and go to my social work placement at a middle school. Poor kids...

4 comments:

Elli said...

hahaha i hope your kids are as mischievous as you were

jgibbs said...

They're worse... or should I say "better"

Seye said...

giggity giggity giggity!

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE A BLOG!!